Yesterday the residents made a very delicious and easy recipe of strawberry cheesecake ice cream. You don’t have to have an ice cream machine to make this!
-1 16-oz. pkg. fresh strawberries, hulled
-1/4 cup sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-juice from 1/2 lemon
-1 pint heavy whipping cream
-1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
-4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
-1/2 cup crushed graham cracker
1. For the strawberry sauce, combine strawberries, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice in a medium saucepan.
2. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves and the strawberries soften, 6-8 minutes. You may need to break the strawberries down a bit with a fork or a potato masher.
3. Transfer sauce to a bowl and refrigerate until cool.
4. For the ice cream, using a hand held mixer, begin by whipping the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sweetened condensed milk and continue beating until smooth.
5. In a separate bowl, using the hand mixer with whisk attachments, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
6. Folk whipped cream gently into the cream cheese mixture.
7. Pour half the whipped cream mixture into a 9×5 loaf pan.
8. Drizzle with strawberry sauce and 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers and using a butter knife, swirl.
9. Pour remaining whipped cream mixture on top.
10. Drizzle with remaining strawberry sauce and graham cracker.
11. Swirl again.
12. Freeze for 4-8 hours or overnight.
Another hit the residents made this week was Hawaiian pizza dip.
-1 8 oz. block cream cheese, softened
-2 green onions, chopped
-1/2 cup diced, sliced ham
-1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
-1 cup cheddar cheese + 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese combined
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a bowl combine cream cheese, ham, pineapple, and 1 cup cheeses.
3. Mix until well combined then transfer to oven safe dish.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes until bubbly then top with remaining cheese and return to oven for about 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
5. Serve with chips or bread.