Although some people may not be keen on zucchini, these cheese zucchini cookies are better than everyone were expecting them to be! I have only tried grated zucchini in my quinoa burgers and I always used to think I’d dislike it but these cookies definitely took me by surprise. They may be similar to a fritter in a sense, if you don’t like calling them cookies because they aren’t sweet.
-1 1/2 cups shredded/grated zucchini
-1 large egg, slightly beaten
-1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
-1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Place zucchini in the center of a clean tea towel. Bring all corners of the tea towel together and wring out the excess zucchini liquid.
3. Combine zucchini, egg, cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
4. Drop mixture by tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheet. Press each mound slightly with the back of a greased spoon or hands to flatten.
5. Bake 16 minutes until golden brown.
-1 cup sugar plus 3 tablespoons, divided
-1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
-2 1/2 cups sliced peaches
-2 cups flour
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
-1 1/2 cups whole milk
-3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 8×8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine 3 tablespoons sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add peaches and toss until coated. Set aside.
3. Combine 1 cup sugar, flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
4. Whisk milk and butter in a small bowl. Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture, stirring to combine.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Gently press peaches into batter.
6. Bake 60 minutes.
7. Allow to cool before slicing and serving.