Wednesday, May 30th, the residents made a delicious chicken alfredo dip. The residents and staff who tried it all loved it and its very adaptable (you could make chicken alfredo jalapeno popper dip!)
-3 tablespoons butter
-3 tablespoons flour
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon dried parsley
-1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
-1 cup chicken broth
-1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
-1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
-1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
-2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast (about 1 large breast)
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour until smooth.
2. Add salt, parsley, and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add broth and milk and whisk until combined. Cook over medium heat, whisking often, until thickened and smooth. Stir in parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella until melted.
4. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add alfredo sauce and beat until combined. Stir in chicken.
5. Spread into a medium baking dish (1-1.5 quarts) and top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly and beginning to brown, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days until ready to bake. Serve with veggies, crackers, and crusty bread.