I have a healthy recipe for you and then a dessert for you today haha! Both recipes the residents tried and approved (staff as well). I recommend both of them!
Healthy Tuna Avocado Salad
-3 (5-oz.) cans tuna, drained and flaked
-1 English cucumber sliced (you do not need to shave the skin off)
-3 large avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
-1 small red onion, thinly sliced
-1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
-1 teaspoon salt
-1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Marshmallow Swirl S’Mores Bars
-1/2 cup butter, room temperature
-2/3 cup light brown sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1 cup flour
-3/4 cup fine graham cracker crumbs
-1/2 cup marshmallow creme
-1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in egg and vanilla. Stir in baking soda, salt, flour and graham cracker crumbs.
3. Press 3/4 of the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spread the marshmallow crème evenly on top of the dough layer. Sprinkle and even layer of chocolate chips over the marshmallow layer.
4. Using your fingers, crumble remaining dough in an even layer over the top.
5. Bake 20 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.