Yesterday in preparation for Halloween our residents made graveyard parfaits!
-1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
-1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
-1 (5 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-1/2 an 8 ounce container cool whip
-1 package oreos, crushed
-4 tablespoons butter, melted
-8 Milano cookies
-handful chocolate chips
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine evaporated milk, pumpkin puree, and pudding and beat until mixture is smooth and well combined, about 2 minutes. Refrigerate for 5 minutes. Stir in cinnamon and cool whip. Refrigerate mixture until ready to serve.
2. In a bowl, combine melted butter and crushed oreos. Set aside until ready to serve.
3. Line the Milano cookies up on a baking sheet or wax paper.
4. Melt the chocolate in the microwave then place it in a plastic bag. Cut a very tiny hole in the corner of the plastic bag then push the chocolate to the corner.
5. Use the melted chocolate to write out RIP ont he top of each of the cookies. Allow to dry.
6. To serve, layer oreos in the bottom of the glasses. Spoon pudding to about 3/4 of the way full in 8 juice-size glasses then finish with another layer of oreos. Stake the Milano cookies in the pudding mixture, with RIP on top.
Some of our residents made chocolate cookie popcorn and it was a thumbs up from everyone!
-16 chocolate sandwich cookies
-1 12 (oz) bag chocolate chips
-10 cups of popped popcorn
1. Place cookies in a food processor and process until chopped.
2. Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
3. Place popcorn in a large bowl and pour melted chocolate over the popcorn. Toss to combine, coating evenly.
4. Add chopped cookies and toss to coat.
5. Allow to cool before serving.